Sunday, December 9, 2012

MacK and the disappearing Carrot Cake

I know that some of you will by now have seen the video that Jane posted to facebook showing Mack attacking a carrot cake I made a couple of weeks ago...

I was doing a couple of birthday cakes which, in the tropics is just plain dumb at this time of year. The occasion was the 18th birthday for Riley, the son of one of our good friends in Townsville. We made him a chocolate mud cake, frosted with ganache and buttercream (last minute icing due to the humidity). Tim's birthday was the same day, and we did a carrot cake (his favourite) with a Harley Davidson logo on top as he had just bought a Harley as a birthday present to himself.

I pulled the carrot cake out of the oven, and left it on the bench to cool whilst doing some stuff at the other end of the house. I came back to see the centre of the cake had disappeared - into MacK's tummy!

As he had already destroyed the cake, we let him have another go while we filmed it. Every couple of bites, he would stop, grin and say "Yummy".


This one doesn't show the true size of the hole, but it was big enough to need a new cake


This one I love - MacK is dreaming up another nefarious scheme I am sure... Maybe standing there wondering when Daddy is going to bake another cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment