Tuesday, April 16, 2013

A boy and his Dad, Saturday morning

MacK and I go swimming at stupid o'clock on a Saturday morning (0630) which is good on a couple of fronts. We don't have to break up our weekend, and Jane gets to have a sleep in. He is pretty good about getting up for swimming, and we are developing a couple of family rituals (it has only been a couple of weeks, but we are getting there!).

Last Saturday was good fun. We had our lesson, and I took MacK into the change rooms for a shower. I was VERY happy to discover that they have infrared heaters, so was able to ensure MacK didn't get cold while I dressed him. It was a filthy morning, so we made sure he was well rugged up. By the time the lesson is finished, and we are showered and dressed it is far too early to go home. Especially if Jane is to have any kind of sleep in. Mack and I went to a local cafe for a morning cappuccino, which was great fun. We pulled into the car park outside the only open spot, and I nearly pulled out again. My first impression was of an old fashioned coffee shop, and I just didn't see anything that suggested this place was modern/funky/special (not that I am a hospo-snob at all). With nothing else open, and the purpose being to get MacK a baby-cino while Jane slept, we chanced it. 

I love it when I am wrong (truly) - the coffee was one of the best I have had in Brisbane, and MacK's baby-cino was perfect. A cup full of steamed milk, so that he could handle it without making a mess. I also bought a hot chocolate for Jane as a wake-up gift (being the good husband that I am...), and the whole lot came to a princely $9.00. Definitely going to go back there each weekend!

MacK being very grown up with his 'cino:


No comments:

Post a Comment