Sunday, July 12, 2015

MacK… comedian, food critic and artist!

Thought is timely to share a few more gems from MacK… Much as I thought we wouldn’t change the way we cook to accommodate MacK, we have. We are lucky, as he still eats most things and isn’t afraid to try new things. The only things we have really had to get rid of are pepper as a garnish and herbs. He doesn’t like the ‘green things’ in his dinner.

I was out in the garden with him the other day, and asked him to pick some parsley and rub it between his fingers to smell the oils. I explained that the herbs he was playing with (and enjoying the smell of) were the ones he didn’t want in his food. I asked if we could start putting some of the herbs in our meals.

His response: “You can use herbs Daddy, as long as you pick them from our garden, and only use them to decorate the plate!” Sure…

We were at a kids birthday party last weekend, and the host asked MacK if he wanted chips, which he turned down (as a much younger boy he asked if he could send back the chips at a restaurant in favour of a bowl of broccoli). When the other Dad asked MacK if he wanted a small saveloy, MacK asked him what it was. When told it was a sausage, MacK replied “No. That is not a sausage”. He is right…

I think he is going to enjoy living in a place with a cold larder with cheeses and salamis, prosciuttos and fresh bread – I know I am!

I took MacK to work with me the other day as Jane picked up an extra shift at work. As well as charming the ladies at work, he spent a little time at the whiteboard drawing pictures of his family. Not so sure that you could use them as police identikits, but he is very sure of the characteristics!
 so - this one is Jane... really it is!

 and MacK...

 And this one is obviously me!

Today was my birthday, and MacK was incredibly excited about the present he was giving me. He woke up WAY too early, and insisted that presents be opened before daybreak. Imagine my surprise to open a Scooby Doo cartoon… Apparently that was a whole lot better than it could have been – among the things I couldn’t possibly do without were Fireman Sam’s rescue boat and every Marvel comics figurine… So I started my day watching Scooby Doo in space with MacK!
MacK, Jane and I made him a robot costume last week, because every boy needs a robot in their wardrobe!

No comments:

Post a Comment