Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Flowers and other stuff

MacKenzie Jack Dalziell is now home (as of Monday afternoon) and doing really well. He has lost a little weight, but am sure he will make it all up again soon.

He is (thankfully) letting us get a little sleep, and we enjoy spending hours just gazing at our little miracle.

The process of labour is bestial and quite horrific, and I wish Jane hadn't had to go through the pain. Regardless, the result is worth it. He is a champion!

A couple of photographs of his first days:
Angelic!

Being a Dad is tiring work!

A very happy Mum!
Thank you Workmates- LSC


Thank you Ryan

Thank you Clare & Family

Another than you for my work colleagues- this time the 'stamplickers' at postal

Go away- can't you see I am at my breakfast?


Looks like he is lying at attention!

It has been a fantastic couple of days- and the start of many more I am sure. We have been lucky to be the recipients of some beautiful gifts- and many many thanks for all of those. I was even lucky enough to  receive a bottle of Grolsch. Obviously from a father, who knows that it is draining being a dad, and that we need fortification too!

We had a beautiful congratulatory email from an old friend, that made both Jane and I cry. We would like to share a couple of excerpts from that mail- and many thanks Tony. We look forward to being able to share a glass of wine with you.

E taku Atua - e hoa!  [Lord, bless my friends]

As I prepare for the final celebration tomorrow of my 103yo's Mum's birth all those years ago, I send heartfelt delight and warmest congratulations to you and Jane for adding your link to this 'real daisy' chain. My mother's mother was Jane [McCreanor] and after she immigrated she opened Christchurch's first neo-natal home.  And my mum married Jack Mora, my dad. Good links, eh? There is such an entity as the family we gather to us along our own lives, as well as our birth families.

"I carry you, even into old age!"  [Isaiah, 46:4]

Thirty hours ... the wonderful lesson of the pain of love is with you forever transmuted into sheer joy and belief suspended no longer .. 

Blessings, blessings, may they abound and rebound ... as He who doesn't miss 'a feather falling from a sparrow' continues to smile upon your reflection of His love.

And, Haeremai, little 'Jack Sparrow'. Haeremai

In other news from the North, it is still raining. As you can see in the photo below, summer in the tropics means something quite different! Believe it or not, about 15 minutes before this photo was taken, the sun was out. About 2 minutes after, I had to put the mower away after the deck went under water, and the engine stopped. I just hope it has dried out enough to start again when it finally does dry out!
Me trying to mow the lawns
Dining in- 18 March 2011
One of the pleasures of Army is the opportunity to enjoy regular formal dinners. The first for this year was held last month, and was a good night out. The night would only have been made better if it were a partners evening- although at that stage Jane wasn't feeling much like being out and about.

We are looking at making a trip south in May, so look forward to introducing MacKenzie to those in Sydney, Canberra and Brisbane in the very near future.  



No comments:

Post a Comment