Monday, January 16, 2012

Gourmet (?) Adventures part 1

This post is well overdue, but we still have to share! In mid December (last year!) we travelled to Mum and Dad's, and then to the Gold Coast for a Wedding.  On our last day, Mum took us to lunch at Rick's Garage and Cafe in Palmwoods. This is a fantastic business that has slowly closed the garage side of the business to expand the foodservice elements. They have a fantastic 50's type rockabilly theme, and were just finishing off the outdoor beer garden when we visited. 

They particularly pride themselves on their burgers, and have a challenge in the form of the Great South East Burger. It is two (inch thick) beef patties, two pieces of cheese and bacon, salads, beetroot, tomato aioli and beetroot sandwiched inside a turkish bread roll. IF you finish the burger, you get to write your name on the wall. If you beat the current record, you get it for free! (For your interest, that time is a little under six minutes!)



I came, I ordered, I ate... and then I waddled away! My name is on the ceiling, and there is a space there for Tyson, Dad, Fred, Mark and Jason... The challenge is set lads!

We had a lot of fun with family on the Sunshine Coast (as we always do). It would have been brilliant to have been able to have the Perth Papps over so that Ethan and MacK could meet, and for Tyson to be with us. Still, Australia is a big place, and it isn't easy to travel regularly!

See below for some of our favourite pictures of MacK with family:

 MacKenzie (translating as Grandson of Kenneth. From the Gaelic) and Poppy Ken

 MacK and Tiff

 With Maddie!

 and Mark...

 I love my cousins, but no need to strangle me lads!

 MacK with Aunty Raewyn

 Out on the job with Poppy...

 All that work was too much! I think I will just relax on the swing.

 With Camille...

 and Summer.

 Sharing a joke with Nanny

 And again

 Blue Steel...

 Mum doesn't want me to walk yet, but I am ready to go. Just watch me!

I snapped this shot while MacK was crawling towards me at speed in the airport terminal. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment