Thursday, August 9, 2012

On the way to the Snow!


As I write this, I am sitting at Tiff and Mark’s home in Brisbane, having just ridden the motorbike down from Townsville. It was 1348 km, with a stop in Rockhampton. The ride was really slow due to roadworks all along the Bruce Highway. Good to see the Highway is being upgraded, but do they need to do the whole thing in one hit??? Having driven from the tropics where it really doesn’t ever get cold (regardless of what the locals may believe), I was shocked to get cold when the sun went down last night. Really cold!

I rode down as I am going to be resident in the Gold Coast hinterland on a course until the end of September, and the wheels will be handy for weekends. Before that, Jane, MacK and I are spending a week on Mt Perisher skiing. They are flying to Canberra via Brisbane, and I will meet them at the airport on the way down.

We will also speak with our architect this week, and hope to start firming up plans for the house in the next few weeks! Then the countdown to building will be on. It won’t be a quick process, but we will have our own ‘Grand Design’.

On MacK: more words, and more development every day. As always, there are photos of our wee man below! He has discovered a love for hedgehog (a chocolate slice), and for helping in the kitchen. He helps stir the porridge pot each day, and just loves to be in the kitchen. I might have to find out just how early I can sign him up for an apprenticeship!


Mack loves to get on the motorbike. I do take him for a sneaky ride around the park and our driveway every now and again. He also sits on the bike in the morning, and starts it for me!


MacK in the driver's seat at a recent Army open day. He is in a WWII era jeep.


Supervising Mum to make sure dinner is cooked ok...!


Safety first! My helmet might not quite fit, but try and take it off me!


MacK loves to read as much as ever, although sometimes we can read the same book up to seven times in a session (or more).


 Mack on his own 'motorbike'. He is coasting down the path towards the drain about 600m from home. Lucky he is wearing the helmet!

Jane and I will think of you all as we sip a cheeky schnapps or two in front of the fire next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment