Friday, January 8, 2021

Creativity on the home front

 As busy as we are, there needs to be time for creative endeavours. On consecutive weekends in September, Jane and I got to spend some time at the Tharwa Valley Forge doing a course each. Jane spent a couple of days making a South American Asado and a stainless steel carving knife. Needless to say, we were pretty keen to try that out! Jan has now become mildly addicted to an American TV show – “Forged in Fire”. It is a competition show focussed on blade-smithing and edged weapons, and Jane is keen to get a forge and power hammer into the farm garage when we get there. I am more than supportive of this endeavour!

 I did a leather work course – focussed on creating a leather journal cover. Jane reports that I was a little less than enthusiastic about the course (and may have appeared a bit ungrateful when I received the voucher). I really enjoyed the day, and am now looking to slowly build a stock of leather tools for the farm. Jane has already eyed off a pattern for leather pigs – originally used as money boxes, she wants to fill them with sand to use as door stops. Kind of cute I reckon.

No comments:

Post a Comment