Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Our budding photographer

On the weekend we went on an excursion to the Seymour Expo (about a 2 hr drive each way). We were primarily going to talk face to face with many of the suppliers (sheds, water tanks, worm farms etc) that Quentin has been “talking to” over email but I’ll let Quentin fill you in on that later.

MacK was far more interested in trying to climb on all the huge tractors and farm vehicles and pat the animals that were there on display as well as the ones in the actual “patting pens”.  So while Quent was talking solar panels and water tanks MacK and I visited the little patting zoo that had pigs, chickens, rabbits, guinea pigs, ducks and geese. I was going to take some photos of MacK interacting with these animals however he had a different idea!  MacK asked if he could use the camera and these are some of the pictures he produced!!  I’ve decided that he has many different artistic influences… The “heads cut off” – thank you Aunty Clare (not that you’ve done that for ages), the “foot shot” – thank you Leigh, and I’m thinking the “extreme close up” has come from Aunty Jacinda (thank you) who occasionally takes beautiful macro shots of flowers and plants. 


(Heads cut off - and yes, for some reason the ducks had sequin skirts on around their necks…)



(Feet - above)

(Extreme close ups - below)

 Pig
 Lamb
 Lamb
 Rabbit
Sheep/Wool

He definitely seems to be interested in the different textures you can find all around you when you really look! Or he could just have been super excited to be using the camera… Either way I think he can definitely work on his focusing and framing (hahaha). He was so excited to be taking photos that I think his finger was holding down the button and the poor camera was having trouble focusing on what he wanted it to.

I’ve included a few photos that I took of him taking photos so you can see his sheer joy!  I think I know what we’ll be getting him for his birthday this year… 

Fisher Price make a kid’s digital camera, right???









No comments:

Post a Comment